Our drivers take great pride in delivering diverse products that are essential to the daily lives of millions of consumers. Whether it's:
- Over-the-counter remedies
- Grocery items
- Beverages and snacks
- Pizza or sandwiches
McLane delivers what consumers need, want and expect to find at the retail establishments we serve.
McLane deliveries are regional, typically short-haul or same day, so spending quality time with family and friends is possible. In fact, a healthy work-life balance is both encouraged and supported by the company, which makes McLane a unique and desirable employer within the trucking industry. A national company with local routes.
Interested in taking your professional driving skills in a new direction? Experience in the driver's seat qualifies drivers for other opportunities at McLane such as a Dispatcher or Transportation Manager.
McLane operates one of the nation's largest modern and private fleets with cutting-edge multi-temperature trailers for transporting cooler, freezer and dry goods. Our top-of-the-line fleet has equipment designed to make our drivers' lives safer, easier and more productive.
All of our tractors have in-cab computers to record logs and loads electronically. And, many are designed with the driver in mind with:
- Text-to-speech functions for reading messages
- Single-touch access to common menus
- Auto-duty status changes based on tractor movement and more
- Average age of our fleet is 3 years
Additionally, we provide a Driver Center website for easy online access to logbooks and other information.
The driver-customer relationship is paramount to the success of our customers' business and ours. McLane driver teammates take this responsibility very seriously and develop a long, loyal relationship with McLane and our customers. In fact:
- Nearly 30% of McLane drivers have been with the company over 7 years
- Several driver teammates have more than a 20-year tenure
A recent survey of McLane drivers revealed that their company loyalty and job satisfaction were the result of McLane prioritizing state-of-the-art equipment, uniforms, pay, benefits and organized loads.
We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all drivers. We offer a driver performance reward program with incentives for working injury-free and driving collision-free.
Our extensive driver safety-training program enables us to stay below industry averages for collisions and accidents, and stay above average in driver teammate job safety and satisfaction.
Though our business impact is large, we strive to keep our environmental impact small. A few of the many environmental measures we've enacted to date include:
- $100 million invested in energy-conserving automation systems
- Fluorescent lighting and motion detectors installed in our distribution centers
- Manage truck speeds to conserve fuel and reduce CO2 emissions
- And implemented geothermal cooling and heating in our modern locations
Click on the desired McLane location to learn more and/or be contacted by the location directly.